April 13, 2015

Blast to the Past

Since my last blog post was about my amazing Squad, I thought today I'd write about my friends outside of the squad. I love friends. If we connect over something and enjoy each others presence then I probably consider you a friend. So to all those who weren't aware of that, sorry but you are my friend.
I've made lots of good friends over the years who I love.
So here is a shout out to my high school peeps, those who knew me during my most awkward years and still chose to be my friend. ;)

First off is my Emma's. I don't know if any of you have seen the kid's tv show, Recess? Anyways, on that show there is a group of girls all named Ashley and they were all best friends. I wanted that so badly! My senior year of high school the Emma's and I became a thing. And we all ran for student council together too!





Shoutout to Hannah Farrell for taking the pics and Duane Beazer for graphics.

In my group of Emma's is Emma D and Emma B.

Emma D. and I were friends when we were youngin's. We've been in plays together throughout the years and have had some good times. She is amazingly brave and strong, and cares so much. She has twin nieces who she just adores and she is just an incredible person.

Then there is Emma B. 
Emma B is one of my very best friends from home, and her mission call is coming this week so I am SO excited about that! But her and I are like two sides of a coin, we are each others opposites. But it works out kind of perfectly. She also was my greatest competition in High School, but it was a pretty one-sided competition. But she always has pushed me to be better. She helped me in so many ways that I don't even think she realizes. Because of her I did better in school, I attended mission prep and seminary, I was social and involved. She has been an amazing friend. 


These are my Emma's I'm so glad we are friends!

Next is Mckae.
I was in Grade 11 and Mckae and I shared an English Class. We were also in the same ward. And one day I decided I wanted her to be my friend. So I brought her gatorade and we became friends. 
TADA!
And then we became best friends. 
We would go to the temple together each week. 
We drank gatorade together while studying. 
We skipped Sunday School to sit on the temple lawn and discuss life.
And together we just vented and sought to understand the craziness that is high school.
Mckae is absolutely amazing and I love this girl!


Next up is Chelsea.
Chelsea's friendship was literally an answer to prayer. 
I was president of my high school's service club and desperately needed a vice president. 
I was so stressed. I was overwhelmed. I needed help. 
And so right before Grade 11 started I prayed that I would find someone amazing to be my VP. 
The first day of school I was sitting in my art class when Chels leaned over and asked me if I knew who was in charge of the service club because she wanted to join.
 I took that as a sign and we have been best friends ever since. 
She is brilliant and organized and compassionate and strong.
And she is an amazing cupcake maker.
Love ya Chels!


Now the Sha(e)(y)lee's...

Shaylee Nelson.
First off she may be the craziest person I have ever met. 
Secondly, she is one of my favorite people I have ever met.
She is someone I have always felt 100% comfortable around.
We are so crazy together it is great.
I think our friendship started with me stealing her pencil case every day... 
And then one year for my birthday she gave me a pencil case of my very own, but I still stole hers anyway.
She is one of the most genuine people I have ever known. 
She is always herself.
In my head I think of her and picture her with her hair flittering through the wind as she rides a horse through the mountains. 
It is a pretty accurate depiction of her.
I love ya Shales.
We also double-dated it for Grad and it was one of the best things ever.

Then there is Shaelee.
Shae is one of those people who is always there when I need her.
She has this gift where she sees those who are struggling and helps them.
She cares so much and is strong and beautiful and kind. 
And she is also going on a mission to TEMPLE SQUARE which I am unbelievable excited about.
We were the best of friends for years and I am so glad to have her in my life.
"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them but you always know they are there."

Contrast between grade 9 grad (below) and grade 12 grad (above).
I think we have only gotten better with age, right Shae? 


Now here is the tricky part.
But maybe it is the best part.
The next friend I am highlighting is Spencer.
Who is on his mission and can't see this, which is why it is tricky but also great.
But oh well.
Regardless of whether he can read this or not he is one of my best friends.
My first memory of Elder Comin was in fourth grade I think, and I was running for class president. 
I had Smarties candy that I was handing out with the little slogan, "Be a Smartie, vote for Emma."
He accused me of calling those who don't vote for me stupid, and of basically bribing a bunch of ten year olds. Which we were. Eventually we sorted it out, luckily. 
PS. I did end up winning Class President.
But we were in the same ward for years and years.
And remember the whole competition thing with me and Emma B? I was in competition with him too, though I don't think he knew that either...
But he ended up as Valedictorian so there are some battles that you just can't win I guess.
While we were always unspoken friends it was in high school when we really became great friends.
Mckae and I always tried to convince him to skip Sunday School, and we had some pretty great adventures.
Somehow, even with my bad influence he is out honorably serving a mission in Honduras and is doing great. 

As terrible of a photo as this is of me, it is the only Grad pic I have of us.... So, oh well.

Then there is Dalys.
She is last because she is the youngest. It may be flawed logic but that is how it goes.
Just kidding. 
I love Dalys Fletcher.
She is incredibly talented, brilliant, kind, beautiful, strong etc.....
And she makes me a better person.
We worked together at DQ, and honestly she is the only thing that got me to work some days.
Because I knew if we were working together than I was in for singing the whole shift, competitions to get the order out as fast and accurate as possible and often a talk outside of the temple afterwards.
I miss that girl.
She is such a great friend and I love her so much!

Brief shoutout to everyone else who I call friend, but either I couldn't find adequate pictures for, or we haven't had enough adventures yet to constitute mentioning. Let's fix that ok?
I am so grateful for my amazing friends who have gotten me to where I am today. I love them all!





No comments:

Post a Comment