February 16, 2015

So now that my deepest emotions are posted on this blog, and my soul has been revealed I guess I should move on to the other aspects of my life.
Starting with...........
My art.
Since I call this blog painting with faith, I should probably show some of the art I've done.
Makes sense right? OK...

To begin, I LOVE SUNFLOWERS! I grew up in my old, built in the 1930's house, with a white picket fence, and a row of sunflowers that were so tall you couldn't even see my house. As a child I felt like these sunflowers were my row of sentinels, who protected me and my house. 


Another thing about me, is I love line drawings. Visual texture is super important to me in my art. This is a line drawing I did of Joseph Smith's First Vision, an event crucial to my faith as a Latter-Day Saint.


Another sunflower, also done in line drawing, also featuring a white picket fence... A common theme I guess.


Now while you've seen a couple line drawings I need to make it clear I LOVE COLOUR! However, but, although, this is one of my favourite works I have done. It was so much work throughout the whole process... But it turned out so good. And the whole light vs. dark concept I adore.


This is something that needs to be included. It was my first time using chalk pastel, and my first colour portrait.
 And I love the colors and the shading I used. 
Portrait of Ardeth Kapp. Former Young Women General President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


This is a rough sketch of the Cardston Alberta Temple.
 And looking back at this sketch it was a really good day for me, where I just sat in my car, listening to music, sitting outside the temple and just sketching it, no worries. So I like this sketch.


Going back to the "I love Colour" aspect of everything, this is a garden scene I did in oil pastel. 


This was an acrylic painting of the tomb where Christ was buried. I like aspects of the shading of the wall, and in the trees. It was a good lesson in shading, as well I included a lot of hidden symbols which makes it so much better in my mind.


I LOVE THIS PIECE! 
DANG THAT TREE!
 I LOVE THAT PALM TREE!!!!!! 
Enough said.... I gave it to my mom and it hangs in her office, and I smile every time I visit her. Plus she gets lots of great comments on it. 


This was never finished. However, it has so much potential. I was going to modge podge photos of my sister and I on the front, and it will look good. 
But this is a collage of Portland, Oregon and some of my favorite memories of that beautiful places.


Sigh..... I love the poncho so much... This was an attempt at expressionism.... It definitely was fun I'll say that much.


I really do like this one. This I made as the desk mat for my desk in my high school art class. It was a photo I took, and then did in chalk pastel.
 I took this picture after I took the mat off my desk so it got kind of got wrecked but it was fun while it lasted, and it made me smile every day I went to art.


Now we are on to newer stuff. 
This isn't finished yet, but it is one of my weird abstract line drawing people that I have been drawing for years. 
I like this painting, though it isn't done yet, because I'm trying out this style of mine, and the wash of the background, and her empty form conveys her humanity and the emotion she is feeling. 


Sketch of Benedict Cumberbatch.


Painting I just did of a tulip. In oil.


Sketch of Chandler Bing from Friends.


Ok, totally not my style. Totally not my usual kind of art I do. However, I love it. I call it The Siren's Call. It's dark and kind of scary. But I like the monochromatic look, and the texture and I love that one day I just didn't care, painted and this is what came out of it. Terrifyingly beautiful. 

So this is a glimpse of my art. It's rough and just a beginning. But it's mine. And it is the beginnings of something beautiful I am sure. Because I LOVE this. I LOVE art. I LOVE putting my emotions out there and then saying goodbye to them. I LOVE the peace I find. And I LOVE developing talents that I have been working on since my first drawing at age 3 of Winnie-The-Pooh, which I may just post someday. But overall I am comfortable being me and pursuing art forever. 
And painting with faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment